Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fire Safety

We've been talking about fire safety this week in preparation for our upcoming field trip! We've talked about Stop, Drop and Roll and the emergency number 911. The kids are very excited to walk to the station next week. I think they have had the most fun this week in the dramatic play center playing "fire fighters". They are even using an old cardboard tube as a hose. We continue each day to work on printing our numbers, letters and practicing our first sight word "See". Tomorrow I will introduce the word "I" and "like". Today I'm sending home a page of poems you can use to help your child remember how to write their numbers.
In religion we are reading about Noah's Ark. The kids made a great sun and rainbow craft to go with the story. On Friday my sons school is closed so I will be taking the day off. Ms. Barbara will be working all day!
Thanks, Mrs. Ellis
Our sun and rainbows

torn paper apple trees

fire trucks

ryhming word wall you'll be hearing about a lot!

more rhyming...

rhyming...

No comments:

Post a Comment