Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome back!

Yes, I know we've been back for a couple of weeks now, but it seems like we are just getting back in to the routine. I'm planning on only updating my BLOG on Fridays from now until June. Our first three writing assignments went SO well. The children really know their snap words and our sounding out their "brain" words (words they have to sound out with their brain) nicely on their own. I will be sending home their first few writings at the end of next week. This week we added the word "to" to our snap word wall. Next week we will add "is" & "in".
In math we've been talking about signs (+, =) . We worked on word problems together such as, "I have two red squares and three blue circles. How many shapes do I have in all?" The children are drawing them out in their math journals. We continue to work on counting by 1's and 10's as well as drawing our shapes and recognizing numbers. We will be focusing on the "teen" numbers for the rest of the year.
We be learning about Martin Luther King Jr. next week and the contributions he made to our society. The last two weeks of January we will focus on DINOSAURS! It's a fun time in DK!

I also updated the wish list so check it out!

Mrs. Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment